You are here
Staffing and Recruitment Officer
Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
Staffing & Recruitment Officer
Baker Lake, NU – Ref. No. QEC-17-027
The Human Resources & Organizational Development (HR & OD) Department is accountable for recruiting and hiring qualified, representative individuals into QEC while complying with the Public Service Act, regulations, Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, QEC policies and procedures and customer services standards. The HR & OD Department is often the first point of contact for potential employees and this position plays a key role in promoting QEC as an employer of choice
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the incumbent will lead the corporate recruitment & staffing programs and provide support to QEC’s personnel on full circle recruitment. The incumbent plays an important role in developing a qualified, effective and increasingly representative work force.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring that QEC positions are staffed with qualified and effective employees;
- Applying staffing principles and policies in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Providing guidance to QEC management regarding methods of filling vacancies and applying the Priority Hiring Policy to build a representative workforce that is increasingly comprised of Nunavut Inuit;
- Applies skills and knowledge of the Public Service Act, QEC/GN legislation, staffing policies and processes to implement effective hiring practices, and achieve the goals of QEC Inuit employment plans;
- Provides advice and support for QEC Departments regarding their approaches to staffing positions in order to build a stable, representative and competent northern workforce; and
- Understands the occupational requirements and qualifications in a culturally diverse, complex workforce for a number of QEC departments having both operational and headquarters functions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Human Relations or a similar;
- Over two years of relevant work experience, in a field such as staffing and recruitment, in which client services and communications were delivered;
- Experience in interpreting and administering Human Resources policies and procedures;
- Experience in Records Management;
- Training and/or working familiarity with Job Evaluation practices; and
- Training and application of Behavioral Descriptive Interviewing.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation or working towards:
- Familiarity with Human Resources databases, software and systems;
- Knowledge of the Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatugangit; and
- Ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, or French.
A combination of education and experience equivalency will be considered.
We offer a salary range of $82,173 – 101,848 per annum, which is commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $24,381 per annum. This position is excluded from the Nunavut Employee’s Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit. If a Nunavut Inuit is not the successful candidate, the position will be offered as a three (3) year term.
Apply in writing, by August 25th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Manager, Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 250, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.