You are here
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides residents with advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention and follow-up care in order to promote, protect and restore health and to prevent and reduce the incidence of disease, disability and death. The incumbent practices in accordance with the Registered Nurses Association of Northwest Territories and Nunavut (RNANT/NU) acts, standards, and regulations, as well as with the Department of Health Policies, guidelines and mandate to ensure residents have access to timely, professional and sustainable health services required to maintain optimal health.
The NP provides a comprehensive community health service in conjunction with the health care team and works within the context of primary health care to improve the capacity of clients and communities to adapt to, respond or control, life’s challenges and changes.
In order to be considered for this position, the incumbent must have:
- Graduate Level Advanced Nursing Practice degree or Certificate in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Consideration will be given to those who completed the Nurse Practitioner competency challenge through a Nursing Regulatory/Licensing body
- Preferred two year practice
- CPR level C
- Knowledge of advanced nursing processes( assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation)
- Ability to apply advanced nursing processes( assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation)
- Communication Skills
- Ability to provide emergency care treatment
- Ability to triage
- Knowledge of best practices in primary care
- Ability to adapt clinical practices to a unique culture setting in order to create a positive and meaningful experience for clients
- Knowledge of applicable GN legislation and regulations, standards, policies and guidelines related to advanced nursing practice to provide current, relevant and feasible consultation services.
- Valid Driver’s License
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, English and French.