You are here
Inventory Control Specialist
The position of Inventory Control Specialist, reporting to the Assistant Manager Nunavut Field Operations, was established, to monitor the petroleum product inventory and ensure that the volumes of fuel in PPD storage tanks is sufficient - given sales and normal product loss due to evaporation and spills - to meet the needs of all the communities in Nunavut. The efforts of the Specialist will ensure that accurate monthly sales figures and an inventory of petroleum products on hand are maintained so that an accurate projection for the annual resupply can be ascertained. The specialist will also verify that all petroleum products tested by independent inspectors at load port and discharge port during the annual resupply conform to PPD purchase contracts.
The ideal candidate will have a diploma/certificate in accounting and some related experience. You will also have;
Knowledge of inventory control
Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook email.
The ability to analyze inventory account information through verification and reconciliation, and
The ability to work independently with little supervision.
Languages preferred: fluent English with a verbal knowledge of Inuktitut, knowledge of Inuinnaqtun is considered an asset.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.