Corporate Administrative Assistant
Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC)
offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding
work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
The Corporate Office Administrative Assistant plays an important role in the provision of high-level administrative support to the Executive Services Coordinator.
The position will handle information requests; perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, travel,
and business meetings.
The position is vital in the administrative function of the Executive and for providing consistent and timely administrative support at the Committee and Board level.
The position ensures effective communication of directives, progress, and the timely flow of information required by Senior Management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
• Scheduling and attending Board Committee meetings, logistical functions,
coordination of materials, preparing minutes, and action item reporting;
• Providing administrative support to managers & support staff in day-to-day work
flow by assisting with administrative functions pertinent to effective operations;
• Responsible for outgoing mail preparation and collection for the Corporate Office
as a whole, including mail pickup and distribution to/from Iqaluit Post Office and
airline cargo locations as well as drop off at Main Plant;
• Providing financial administrative support;
• Assisting with administrative records (ARCS and cataloguing);
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an office supply system; preparation
for sealift as well as maintaining stock of inventory post-delivery; and
• Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports in hardcopy and
electronic form in accordance with corporate processes.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• A Secretarial Science, Business, or Office Administration certificate from a
recognized Institute plus a minimum of two years of experience in a similar
administrative, policy or finance support position.
• Demonstrated experience undertaking research and applying analytical skills;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
• Superior computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain a positive working relationship
with diverse groups;
• Knowledge of executive administration support and procedures;
• Well-developed organization and coordination skills;
• Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract;
• A combination of education and work experience equivalency will be
• Familiarity with Administrative Records Classification System (ARCS).
• Previous experience working with a Board of Directors is an asset;
• Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit
• The ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, or French.