To help participants understand that conflict is the normal outgrowth of the diversity that characterizes our thoughts, attitudes, beliefs and perceptions and that each of us has the power over whether conflict becomes a negative or positive experience.
- Reviewing the factors leading to conflict
- Examining conflict management strategies
- Ways to turn conflict into feuds
- Factors that affect conflict resolution
- Examining the positive aspects of conflict
- A new look at conflict o Popular but ineffective approaches to conflict resolution
- Establishing conflict partnerships o Ground rules for effective conflict resolution
- Examining the conditions that facilitate change
- Essential steps to conflict resolution
- Dealing with special situations
- Moving forward
This is a highly interactive and participative workshop. Several case studies and assessment tools are utilized to assist in the learning process. Participants will work in groups and teams and come together in plenary for open discussion, sharing and learning.
Note: The course outline may be subject to change.
Target Audience: General
Schedule: Monday - Tuesday 9am - 4:30pm