You are here
Executive Services Officer
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services, the Executive Services Officer provides confidential and secure administrative support to the Department. The incumbent must respond and adjust to changing priorities as assigned by their supervisor and other department management staff. Systems, procedures and formats for the variety of duties are generally established. Generally, regulation, procedures and manuals guide the work of the position. The Executive Services Officer is required to develop creative approaches in dealing with situations caused by the unique work environment of a central agency.
The Executive Services Officer is responsible for providing a full range of support services to department including, but not limited to: executive administrative support to the Deputy Minister and Directorate; leave and attendance maintenance; Access to Information and Protection of Privacy (ATIPP) support services for the department; and records and file management.
The successful candidate should have formal training which would include post secondary course work in office administration with a minimum of two (2) years of working experience in an office environment. Computer literacy with word processing and the use of the electronic mail system is required. The ability to communicate in English and Inuktitut/Inuinnaqtun; both verbally and in writing is required. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education and experience requirements will be considered.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.