You are here
Correctional Caseworker (Casual/Relief)
Open to residents of Rankin only
Rankin Inlet Healing Facility is establishing a casual pool of Correctional Caseworkers who can cover shifts on and as required basis. As a Correctional Caseworker, you will be working as a valuable member of a team, providing safe and secure custody and assist in the delivery of programs to inmates to help prepare them for a return to their home communities.
Training will be provided on specific policies and procedures.
Individuals wishing to be considered for casual employment should register with the Department of Human Resources by providing their resume and criminal records check to the Casual Employment Consultant at the Department of Finance –Staffing Division Ilagiiktut Centre or by visiting the Government of Nunavut’s Employment Opportunities, Casual Employment site.
High School Diploma, class 5 driver’s license and the ability to acquire a class 4 is required. Communicating in both Inuktitut and English would be considered a definite asset. Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education and experience requirements will be considered. You should have some experience in providing counseling or support services to people in a caring and respectful manner. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatugangit is an asset. You should be willing to participate in staff training to acquire additional skills that will assist you in this position.
REFERENCE: Casual Employment, Rankin Inlet Healing Facility
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.