Causl Employment is for local residents only.
If you are looking for casual employment with the Government of Nunavut, then this is a great opportunity to gain employment and valuable work experience. Casual Employment provides employment opportunities on a short term, as required basis. It’s an opportunity to gain a variety of work experience and a chance to discover what kind of work suits you best.
How Does the Casual Hiring System Work?
- The Department identifies the need to hire a temporary employee
- The hiring Department reviews the resumes on file for Casual Employment
- Interview and reference checks may be conducted, once a candidate is selected Human Resources is informed and the paperwork is processed
Applying for Casual Employment
- Please indicate on your resume that you are seeking casual employment.
- Make sure you include that you’re a beneficiary enrolled in the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement
- Include all the places you have worked, the duties you performed and the dates you worked
- Include any volunteer work you’ve done
- Make sure all your contact information is current, remember to contact us if your phone number changes
- Include your ability to speak and write in Inuktitut or Inuinnaqtun
- Include a criminal records check and vulnerable sector check with your resume
Your resume will be kept for 6 months in the file, please resubmit every 6 months.
Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.